Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Literary Vote

Who you gonna vote for? Who you gonna vote for? That's all people keep asking me. I told them, I don't know yet! When I get into the polling booth, I will be inspired to choose. Hil or Bar?

People are concerned with the candidates perspectives--which they should! I'm happy to say these Clinton and Obama are writers, having published books. George W. was the only president in our history to have never written a book--no wonder free speech was hindered in his presidency.

Regardless of who I vote for, I've decided to keep my decision a secret. It is my inalieable right not to tell anyone who I voted for. I'm choosing to exercise this right.

What thrills me is this: I am a part of making history. I don't think anyone should take that lightly.

7 comments:

Sundry said...

This is a really fun year. I could honestly say I was choosing between two candidates I was pleased with. And I will be prepared to support whichever one becomes the Democratic candidate.

Prince Gomolvilas said...

Yeah, yeah, blah, blah, so who did you vote for?

BronzeBuckaroo said...

Well said. One should just get out and vote his or her conscious. Years from now when my nephews and niece are young adults, I hope to tell them how I voted and why during this historic election moment in U.S history. Let's hope is not the last special moment!

Peter Varvel said...

Hear, hear!
It is a right and a privilege, one of those "Use or lose it (don't abuse it)!" thangs.

the last noel said...

Isn't it exciting, you all? I mean, our next president will be earth shattering. Oh, Prince, you gotta stop smoking that crack.

Cheryl said...

I'm trying to imagine the book that George W. will write once he's retired. I'm picturing stick figures.

Liz Dwyer said...

My decision's a secret too. It's great to have a couple of good choices. I haven't felt that way in while.