Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Literary Fire

The plan was to come home and work on my novel. However, the fires in Griffith Park has caused me to stop. Smoke from the hills is floating down to Silverlake, filling the air with ashes and dread. My apartment smells like burning wood. John Marshall High School three blocks away is being used as the Evacuation Center. The sound of helicopters and traffic is filling the night.

I don't have a television, so I've been going over to my neighbor's apartment to check the latest on the fire. I'm pretty far from the fire; I think I'm safe. But the air quaility has certainly been affected. I'm thinking of going to elsewhere to sleep...and write.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo sounds bad. you take care now, noel.

Gladys said...

hi noel, i hope you've been doing ok with all the insanity of noise, traffice, smoke, and anxious energy. i was worried when i heard about the fire near you.

the last noel said...

Tanks for the concern. It's died down. I never realised how much I loved Griffith Park until I was denied access.