Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Literary Community Library


I'll be doing a reading at the Filipino American Library in Historic Filipinotown, my 'hood. I'm truly excited about reading here, considering that the characters in my book live in this area!
All of the proceeds will go to the Joseph Ileto Anti-Hate Crime Fellowship at the Asian Pacific American Legal Center.
It'll be on Sunday, May 6 at 3pm. Check out the link--it's a really cool website.
www.filipinoamericanlibrary.org

Filipino American Library
135 N. Park View St.
Historic Filipinotown
Los Angeles, CA 90026-5215

--- Free Admission ---
--- Food and Drinks Provided ---

2 comments:

Hugo Minor said...

Too bad - I have tickets for the Pasadena Symphony at the same date & time. I bought those tickets last year. They're playing Schubert's Fantasy in F Minor!

I did make it to your reading at Vroman's, but I had to leave right after, so I didn't get a chance to introduce myself. Anyway, have fun at the reading!

Shinobi for Hire said...

I wish I could've gone, but I had class. Fortunately I caught you IN my class today ^^. I'd like to thank you for coming to our Fil Am Lit class today; I really loved reading your book. I don't want that to sound like everyone else'c comment - let me just say that I read a LOT of books, and its hard to find good books. Talking to the Moon was awesome.

You're a great inspiration, and very personable. I've been trying to write my own novel for a while now, and was ready to give up. You inspired me to start up again. Thank you.