Sunday, September 10, 2006

Literary Second

I finished another round of edits this weekend. I have another one to go. This book is dedicated to my late father. I hope I honor his memory well by it. It's been with me for a long time--over five years now--and I'm looking forward to closing this chapter of my life (sorry for the writing reference. I'm tired.)

I've had my head in my hands over this novel. I learned alot about myself writing it. I hope readers learn something about themselves when they read it.

3 comments:

circuitmouse said...

Lot of commiserating author talk at http://murderati.typepad.com with anecdotes about everything writers have to deal with, most with a wry, insider's sense of humor that anyone who's ever been published will appreciate. They oughtta collect a bunch of their posts and put 'em togther as a 'what to expect' pamphlet for any writer aspiring to be published, even if you've already - ESPECIALLY if you've already - received a letter of acceptance from your publisher...

Don Cummings said...

Five years...seems to be the time frame for big works. I wonder why...

Cheryl said...

It's always nice to know that a writer's book is heartfelt (although I doubt there are many that aren't, since who among us is in it for the...what, money? Fame? Free cups of coffee at coffeehouse readings?)

Anyhow, congrats and more congrats. I can't wait to read it!