Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Journey to Akumal


Most of my writing life is kind of dull. I'm by myself, filled with dread and awe. I wonder what will happen with my creativity, if something will come out of a writing session I commit to. Some writers call it drudgery. And, sometimes, it is.



Every once and awhile, I'll get to do something cool though. Like get a writing fellowship. Which I did! I'm heading off to spend ten days in Akumal, Mexico with a bunch of other writers. All of this with the generosity of RADAR Productions.


I have definate goals for this trip. I'm bringing a ton of research material, an old draft of my third novel, a newer draft which needs some revising. I intend to rewrite 25 old pages and write 25 new pages. Of course, I'll still be on a beach in Mexico--I hope I can focus.


Here's a recent interview.

2 comments:

Sundry said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful adventure! Have a great time. :D

the last noel said...

Thanks, Sally!