Friday, March 12, 2010

Rush!


One week from today I'm going to be giving a draft of my short story collection to my agent. This book, tentatively titled "Laconic Messages of Love and Other Stories," will have eleven pieces that I'd been working on for years. About four of them are published, but most have never seen the light of day.


Of course, there is always that one story that won't allow itself to be finished. It feels like I'm nearly done. But I've been saying that for weeks.


I won't let myself even think about how hard it is to sell a short story collection, particularly now in this publishing climate. All I can worry about is getting this mother done!

3 comments:

josephine anne lin said...

Tell your agent that you have at least one preorder :) I'm establishing a Noel section in my bookcase!

Peter Varvel said...

Me too! I can't wait to buy my own copy.

Prince Gomolvilas said...

Now, you see, Noel, a short-story collection, now THAT i am capable of reading.

Will I be able to spank it while reading?