Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Literary Eve


It's eve before Armistead. Tomorrow I interview a famous writher, a man I highly respect. Without his trailblazing literary path, I, and many other gay writers, may be no where. I'm actually quite nervous. It'll be little ole me interviewing Armistead, a man who has been writing for over 30 years and has produced 9 novels. Oh, I forgot there will be four hundred people watching.
To prepare, I read seven of his novels--basically the whole Tales of the City series--and read every interview that I could find on the net.
I chose the pic of Bette Davis in All About Eve cause I think Mr. Maupin would get a kick out of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This post made me laugh and then made me realize I should not laugh at other people's pain. I'm on my fourth "start over" of my own current work in progress. Heavy sigh!

Hope all is well with you and the work has progressed better since June.

Maria Seager