Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Literary Itch

Here's a pic of Mark Twain reaching for an itch. I wonder if this has anything to do with writing.


I gotta tell ya, I have an itch. There's this book I wanna write and it's scary. I see it being this big monster novel spanning hundreds of years and hundreds of lives. For some reason, I see it being my seventh novel.


I'm actually thinking of going back to school to learn all about this particular subject matter so I can write about it.


Ugh! It's so frustrating wanting to write a book, but not having the necessary information to do it.


It's not like I need more to research. The third book that I'm writing has me reading books on religion, hemophilia, and homeopathic healing.

3 comments:

Sundry said...

I just read Eric Maisel's writing about how some books have their own time in your life. That you have big ideas that sometimes need more experience or information in order to deal with. I have one that I've started and written a hundred pages on two different times. I will get it one day.

Cheryl said...

One of my profs used to talk about thinking in terms of your "ouvrel work." I have no idea if I'm spelling that right, but basically he meant that it's useful to think about what you're going to do over the course of a career, and how your books will relate to each other.

But I'm with you--research is exciting and overwhelming. It gives you interesting trivia to talk about at parties, though.

marC said...

if you ever need subjects for the seventh book, i know a couple of crazies lol