Monday, June 19, 2006

Literary Roots


I'd been checking out "The Next Big Bang," The Asian American Theatre Conference. It's quite amazing. I have strong theatre roots, something I'd forgotten about when I threw myself into writing novels.

This conference forced me to rekindle my love for the Theatre. Before I wrote for the page, I wrote for the stage. I ran into theatre artists that I hadn't seen in eons. I talked to Philip Kan Gotanda, Alice Tuan, Dan Kwong, Leilani Chan, Jessica Hagedorn, and more!

It was cool seeing and talking theatre again. I got a lump in my throat seeing people perform their hearts out. (If you haven't noticed I changed the "About Me" to reflect more of my work for the stage.) I think I'm gonna step back into the (theatre) ring again. It's time.

4 comments:

Sundry said...

I am ready to buy my tickets right now. I've loved everything I've seen you perform.

circuitmouse said...

"It only takes a tiny corner of...
This great big world to find a place you love..."

Prince Gomolvilas said...

I'm glad I can be such an inspiration to you, Noel. No, no, you don't have to keep repeating how you owe your entire career to me or anything like that. I'm humble.

JeD said...

Is that Bovard Auditorium??