Tuesday, January 04, 2011

2011 is all about Creative Success


This is a picture of me dressed as an angel from the 1980's German movie Wings of Desire. It was taken at an art installation that the Hammer Museum had on Halloween. The installation was a house that was made in a way that caused one to question gravity. Indeed, it looks like I truly am testing my wings and preparing for flight.

I think this picture encapsulates my 2011 goals. I'm going to focus on Creative Success. This means many things to me. Yes, there's the money aspect of creativity--I do hope to make a few dollars as a writer. However, it also means growth.

You may have gathered from earlier posts, that I've been engaging in painting. At the time of this writing, I've taken two painting workshops with respected artist Margaret Garcia. I'll continue to take more.

I'm working on a new performance piece.

I'm going to complete my next novel.

I'm going to put more art into good homes via Art Rescue by Noel. Thus far, I'd put over 40 pieces of art into worthy hands.

I want to teach writing again--something I haven't done in a couple of years.

2011--watch out!

3 comments:

Sundry said...

Such good work ahead of you, Noel. It's great to hear. I think 2011 is going to be good for me too. 2010 was very difficult for me creatively but the new year has been surprisingly productive already. Looking forward to your new ventures.

Peter Varvel said...

Go, Noel, go!
You ARE the Black Swan! :)

Anonymous said...

This is a nice image!