Sunday, February 14, 2010

Aftermath

I'm still high from my last weekend. I had a great time performing and reading. After my reading at USC, I taught a quick writing workshop (students above). What was interesting about my reading at USC was how I was able to fill time. I had one hour to present work. Earlier in my career, I would have wondered how the hell do I fill up that amount of time. I read from two novels, presented work from two plays, three short stories and one essay. The time went by quickly. I had some friends read excerpts from short stories (Thanks John, Giovanni, and Rebecca). That way I didn't have to bore everyone with the sound of my voice.

Last weekend, I also did a reading from an anthology I was in and performed for Smartgals. All went well and I was truly grateful to be a part of the festivities.

No comments: