Friday, February 10, 2006

Literary Seventy-Five


Don't laugh. Somewhere, in the back of my brain, I thought that if I could just reach 75 pages of my next novel, I would HAVE to complete it. I believed that 75 pages would be a substantial amount of work that turning back would just be plain stupid. Keep in mind those pages are made up of character sketches, rough plot points, and notes to myself (like "write about Uncle Bernie here" or "Describe how protagonist steals bus from nun"). I'd been hanging out on page 74 for months. Well, I reached 75. Now, the next course of action is to print it out, go to the beach, read the sucker, and see how I can make the manuscript more of a real novel.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Please, please do describe how protagonist steals bus from nun.

fred said...

I like the "go to the beach" part of you plan. We're on the cusp of a major snowstorm so I will dwell on it while I'm digging out.

mr jp said...

yeah , protagonist steals bus from nun ?? hahahah ....

is the "go to beach" a metaphor or you're really going to a beach ?