Sunday, November 27, 2005

Literary Memoir


Okay, so I'm reading memoirs these days. I'm thinking: my life is a hell of a lot more interesting than what some of these people are experiencing. I never thought of writing one because everyone and his mother is writing a memoir. Hell, Clay Aiken (left) from American Idol has a memoir.

I believed I was too young to write such a thing. Then I thought: I am pushing the big four-oh. Maybe I have a little life to write about. One thing for sure--what I experienced before I was fifteen was a lot more exciting than what some memoirists are writing about.

The only problem with a memoir is that everyone will know your business. I mean, do I really want my mother to know what I was doing before I was fifteen?

2 comments:

Sundry said...

Okay, the Clay Aiken photo actually made my head jerk back in surprise. I'll be interested to see what you decide about memoir. Many of them are specific to a certain part of a person's journey, so maybe we won't know ALL your business. I've read memoirs written by friends and acquaintences and some were much more intimate than others.

Cheryl said...

I saw Clay Aiken's memoir in a Christian bookstore in Tulare. I'm guessing the memoir you're thinking about writing probably wouldn't be sold there...which means I definitely want to read it!